This week’s Musing Mondays asks
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I have a big bookish rant today. I cannot find a decent replacement for Google Reader. I’m a bit late to this party but I thought that I’d find a replacement, but I’ve spent much of the last few days trying to find a good replacement, and I can’t.
Things I like about Google Reader:
– Quickly flick through news stories in headline style
– Save articles to Pinboard
– Add subscriptions quickly through Google omnibar.
Apparently those three things are too much for one free service to provide. For now, I’ve paid the small fee to use Newsblur and it’s working out ok for me (and I’m very impressed with it considering that it’s basically a one-man operation), but it’s not really up to Google Reader yet.