Musing Mondays, hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading, is:
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I write this at a Starbucks (where else) near King’s Cross station while I wait for my client to unlock their front door so I can go in and work there.
I’ve just written short reviews (to go up on Wednesday) for two books which I have not finished recently and I am going to leave them on my table here in the cafe for someone else to pick up and hopefully enjoy more than I did. I am a great proponent of book abandonment.
At the moment, really quite enjoying Philippa Gregory’s A Respectable Trade – I won’t pretend it’s highbrow literature but eminently readable and teaching me things about the British slave trade (all I currently know about it is what I learnt from watching Amazing Grace which is a beautiful film that you should all watch, not least because it has Ioan Gruffudd, Benedict Cumberbatch and Romola Garai in it).
Having moved house I’m accepting review copies again and my goodness are they piling up on the desk. I’ve got a bit of work to do!